RULES, REGULATIONS & POLICIES
GOLFING RULES, REGULATIONS & POLICIES
Columbia Hills is proud of its standards, and every effort is made to ensure that these standards are upheld. Golfers are expected to wear clothing that is designed primarily for golf, and to dress smartly and appropriately at all times, both on the golf course and in the Clubhouse. Management and staff have both the responsibility and authority to interpret appropriate dress and to ensure that standards are maintained.
GOLFERS shall wear attire primarily designed for playing the game of golf. Jeans and cut-offs are not permitted. Golf shirts with a collar must be worn at all times and must have a clean and neat appearance. Mock neck shirts are acceptable as long as they have a wide mock neck (1 1/2”) and cannot be construed as a t-shirt. Tank tops, halter-tops, tube tops and T-Shirts are not acceptable. Hats are not permitted to be worn backwards but are permitted to be worn inside the clubhouse. Golfers may wear their shirts un-tucked as long as it presents a clean and neat appearance. While on the course or driving range, denim is not permitted to be worn at any time.
Pace of Play
Columbia Hills has developed a “Pace of Play” policy in order to make the golfing experience more enjoyable for our members and guests. To insure this policy is enforced, we do in fact monitor and record the turn times and finish times for all rounds. It is our goal to make sure that everyone plays at a comfortable and enjoyable pace. The pace of play at Columbia Hills is 3 hours and 50 minutes. Be aware of your position on the golf course. If you fall behind or cannot catch up to the proper pace of play, please allow the group behind you to play through.
Expect to drive your car up the hill to the main entrance at the front of the clubhouse. Valet will remove your clubs and make sure that the bag staff set your clubs on a cart. At this point please feel to use the locker rooms to change your shoes and/or clothing. After using the locker room please check in at the pro shop. If you do not need to use the locker room please check in at the pro shop upon arrival to ensure the golf staff knows you are present for your tee time.
SOCIAL & GENERAL RULES, REGULATIONS & POLICIES
- Proper casual attire is required of all Members, their families, and guests.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times in the Clubhouse. Shirts worn in the Clubhouse may be untucked so long as they maintain a neat and clean appearance.
- Please note that the club expects the members to comply with the spirit of these guidelines.
Food & Beverage
- Members, their families and guests may not bring food, refreshments, or beverages onto the club property at any time
- According to Ohio Law, Alcoholic Beverage consumption may only take place from 6:00am to 1:00am Monday thru Saturday and on Sunday from 11:00am to 12:00 midnight.
- Employees of the Club have the right to refuse service to any person deemed to be intoxicated.
- Members, their families and guests are not allowed in the kitchen or behind any food or service bars.
Smoking is not allowed in any area of the clubhouse except designated outside areas.
CELL PHONE ETIQUETTE
Similar to the golf cell phone etiquette, phones should be set on vibrate mode, especially when dining. You should not disturb members around you. Using the above etiquette in the proper manner will support fellow member enjoyment of the Club.
Reservations are strongly suggested and encouraged. There are some social events that do require a 48 hour cancelation window. Failure to cancel within that time will result in that member incurring a charge for the number of meals in the amount charged for the event.